Solar PV Technical Manager M/W (Bordeaux, FRANCE)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Laketricity is the development arm of Ciel et Terre Group and specializes in turning underutilized fresh waterbodies into income-producing floating solar power plants. Our team benefits from the years of experience working with our parent company that provides the patented floating solar Hydrelio™ system, the most installed floating system in the global market. From hydro-electric dams and water treatment plants to green pastures and vintage wineries, we are passionate about our floating solar projects. We explore new partnership and collaboration opportunities to help grow the new floating solar industry beyond traditional ground mount and roof top solar systems.
You will report to the director of the LAKETRICITY business unit responsible for project development.
As a real leader and guarantor of the global technical support of the Floating Solar Project Development Division, from prospecting to the proper design & implementation of PV solar power plants, you will be in charge of the following tasks:
- manage, train, animate and develop the technical department of the floating solar power plant project development activity,
- provide technical support to the subsidiaries’ development teams by managing the continuous improvement of tools, best practices and internal skills,
- contribute to the training of new employees,
- supervise/manage the studies, intervene in the technical choices and carry out the review of the plans and engineering,
- manage and ensure the follow-up from the pre-project stage to the completion and acceptance of the work on all the lots (carried out via an EPC contract, AMO management) and in compliance with the set objectives (deadlines, budget, quality),
- ensure that specifications are properly defined, select and manage subcontractors in compliance with industry standards and regulatory procedures (HSQE…),
- ensure a technology watch in line with best development practices depending on the country and identify innovations in terms of storage (batteries, hydrogen, etc.),
- create and cultivate a relationship of confidence with external stakeholders (landowners, network managers, regulatory bodies, insurers, local residents, consultants, investors etc.) and internal stakeholders (developers, design engineers, project managers, construction managers etc.).
- support the control of development costs for solar power plant projects by ensuring sound budget management and guaranteeing business profitability,
- work closely with the group and co-development partners and under the responsibility of the Laketricity management,
- contribute to the strategic reflections of the activity and manage cross-cutting topics.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a full-time permanent position available as soon as possible. Remuneration will depend on your profile and experience.
- Work for the pioneer and leading floating solar company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact on the company activities
- Dynamic working environment, where people can express their potential and talent
- Ability to make decisions and initiate change
- Diverse, multicultural teams
- Parking reserved for staff and bicycle rental
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Lunch vouchers
You are graduated from an engineering school, either generalist or specialized in renewable energies, with a minimum of a 5-year experience in project management in renewable energies (photovoltaic, wind power, etc.) and with a significant experience in management.
You are mastering the technical aspects and in particular the electrical part; you have a good knowledge of the regulatory and economic aspects related to solar projects.
You are fluent in French and English and have a perfect mastery of MS Office, Autocad and PVSyst. Knowledge of data analysis tools and GIS mapping software such as Arcgis would be highly appreciated.
You are enterprising and rigorous and know how to push your ideas. You have strong leadership and negotiation skills, the ability to gather different actors around a common project, excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Your application will be automatically addressed to our HR manager – Ms Fanny HERMANT, in charge of the recruiting process.
Please complete your application with a short message in English stating your goals and motivations (instead of a cover letter).